With all sorts of food around you, it can be a bit challenging to avoid temptation. Here are some of our tips to help you avoid the unnecessary weight gain during the holidays.
- Never go to a party hungry. Eat a healthy snack before so that you don’t indulge.
- Your best bet is to stick to the dishes that look the most appetizing to you. This way you can enjoy the foods you like, and still leave room for dessert.
- Remember to watch your portions. Grab a small plate instead of a big one. Try to fill your plate with fresh, healthy vegetables, which will pack the punch. In other words fill you up quicker, without adding too many calories. Think small portions.
- Watch out for the extra sauces, gravies and dips. These items tend to contain a lot of fat and calories that will quickly add up.
- Take caution with alcohol at parties. Holiday drinks contain a lot of fat and calories that will add unwanted pounds . Try to stick to a small glass of wine, or a small cocktail made with fresh squeezed juice. Forget about all the concentrated juices.
- Work out and exercise at least 30 minutes a day. If not, try to get in some type of exercise the day of a holiday party. Even if you can only find 10 free minutes, it will be beneficial to burn some extra calories before you consume a lot of them. Exercise is fun, and it will make you so happy!
Tis’ the season to socialize, and celebrate good times with friends and family. It is important to keep a healthy mind plan, so don’t splurge on things that will leave you feeling yucky.
We wish you and your family safe, healthy, and happy holidays!