Dreaming of a vacation with sun, sea, and sand? Perhaps, Hawaii has come to mind but maybe you think it’s too crowded. So before you plan your tropical vacation, consider a Kauai Hawaii vacation. It is probably a good idea that you research more about the island of Kauai, the least-crowded island in Hawaii.
Here are 10 reasons why:
- Kauai’s north shore, the Napli, is like no other. Absolutely magical. It is no wonder Hollywood has chosen Kauai for filming. Movies like Raiders of the Lost Ark and Jurassic Park has been filmed here. You too can experience the breathtaking cliffs from a boat tour or from a helicopter. You could also take a more adventurous day-long kayak tour to see them up close and personal.
- Are you a frequent flyer? If so, you may be able to use your miles to get there.
- For the most part you are likely to have a safe diving experience since it is a U.S. destination. U.S. liability laws apply for diving outfitters.
- Kauai is the ultimate place for those seeking the road less traveled, away from the hussle and bussle.
- Don’t forget to bring your camera. Here you will come across endangered wild life such as monk seals and sea turtles. They can be found in or near the beaches. Be careful not to touch! State requires you be at least 100 yards away from these endangered species.
- You and your family may really enjoy snorkeling. Rent snorkel gear or buy your own. Watch colorful fish and sometimes sea turtles.
- Surf can always be found on Kauai, but the island also offers sheltered beaches, good for kids.
- Adventurous outdoor lovers will find zipline tours, helicopter tours, and plenty of opportunities to experience amazing scenery.
- Your vacation may be cheaper than you think, especially compared to some other tropical destinations that are not in the U.S. You’re using U.S. currency, and that will help.
- You’ll find amazing local art. You can see the crafts of Niihau, the ‘Forbidden’ and neighboring island where Hawaiian language and culture still survive. This island, 17 miles from Kauai, is closed to outsiders. You can take a boat or helicopter tour to see the island of Niihau.